Friday, April 1, 2016

Frank Camorra's Queensland Cake


I am a patriotic Queenslander, so when I saw Frank Camorra's recipe for Queensland Cake, I was sold.  Frank calls this cake "Queensland Cake" because it contains lots of ingredients from Queensland - ginger, macadamias, brown sugar and coconut. (If I had to name a true Queensland cake, it would be the lamington, because it was invented in Queensland.)



It is a very simple cake to make, and it tastes really good for minimal effort.  The hardest part was persuading myself not to eat the glace ginger I had bought for the cake straight from the packet.

If nuts and ginger and coconut paired with a light chocolatey icing sounds like your kind of thing, go ahead and make Frank's cake for an easy and tasty weekend treat.

5 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Oo I didn't know that lamingtons were invented in Qld! You learn something new every day. Love the sound of these ingredients :D

Teresa said...

That does sound like my kind of thing - I love a simple cake full of rich, flavourful ingredients. It's interesting to hear what a representative cake is for your region. I'd have to think about it a bit for British Columbia. Of course, we're famous for the Nanaimo bar, but that's made from pantry staples.

Kathy said...

Your cake sounds luscious and looks so pretty. The addition of macadamias, coconut and ginger make it my cup of tea. Lovely!

Kari said...

I didn't know lamingtons came from Queensland either! This cake sounds divine though, with the ingredients you mention.

Kayte said...

Such fun to learn new things here...like things about Queensland and the ingredients found there, and that lamingtons were invented there...I only know what lamingtons are because of your blog! :-)