Thursday, February 11, 2016

EwE - From the Sea - Wok-Charred Lettuce and Spinach Noodle Stir-Fry with Shrimp



This week's Eating with Ellie theme, From the Sea, was chosen by Margaret.  In Weeknight Wonders, there is a whole chapter devoted to seafood, so that is where I went to choose my dish.

I selected Ellie's Wok-Charred Lettuce and Spinach Noodle Stir-Fry with Shrimp (in 'Straya, that's prawns).  This dish comprised spinach fettucine, prawns, gem lettuce, spinach, shallot and garlic all stir-fried with soy, sriracha, vegetable broth into one delicious dish.

This was easy to make, and quite tasty.  I would make it again.

To see what the other Ellie cooks made this week, visit the LYL section of the EwE website.  

4 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I like cooked lettuce but it's not for everyone. I think once you try it, it's perfectly nice though, it's more the idea of it.

TeaLady said...

I'll have to go back and find this one. I'm not sure what gem lettuce is but maybe a leaf lettuce here would work well. YUM!

Kayte said...

Ellie's wok charred lettuce sounds so intriguing...I am looking forward to making this dish for that alone, although the rest of it all sounds wonderful as well. Your photo makes it look so good! Good choice for seafood.

Kayte said...

I finally posted my From the Sea seafood recipe, it was the Scallops in Warm Citrus Sauce in WW. So so so good. Still love the idea of yours and stir fry recipes always seem so healthy and fresh. Going there at some point. Let's do From the Sea once a month! Okay, once every other or every third month as I love this theme!