Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sempre Pizza e Calzone, Bourke St, Melbourne


A little while ago, Tim and I had dinner at Sempre Pizza and Calzone on Bourke Street, Melbourne.  The name pretty much sums up that it is a fancy pizza place.

The friendly waitress gave us prompt service. 

We ordered the  Zucca salad ($14.50) - pumpkin, baby spinach, feta, red onion, pine nut and balsamic:


This made sure that we had a balanced meal with some greens.

Tim's pizza was the Snow White ($19.50) - buffalo mozzarella, goats cheese, potato, pumpkin and sage:


I couldn't go past the Calzone Francesco ($19.50) - tomato, mozzarella, ham, artichoke, olives and capers:


My calzone looked magnificent, but sadly was still cold in the middle:


For dessert, we ordered a tiramisu ($10.50) to share:


There were no complaints there!

We enjoyed our meal at Sempre Pizza, but next time I think I'd skip the calzone and go for the pizza.

49 Bourke St
Melbourne VIC 3000
Ph: 03 9654 9909

3 comments:

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

Gaye, all of the dishes look wonderful - I am forever looking for a good Italian restaurant, family-stlye around these parts. Looks like you found a really good place to dine at!
Wishing you a wonderful Sunday,
Andrea

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Ooh I'm so glad that we're having pizza tonight! You made me hungry for it! :D

Kayte said...

I am a salad fiend so that salad has my attention. I also like pizza so that looks wonderful as well...calzones and I are not all that great of friends, but I would enjoy you eating that! All of it looks exciting and delicious. I would love to go there. And you don't even have to share that dessert with me. :-)