Wednesday, August 5, 2015

WWDH - Tuna and Chickpea Fritters



For Wednesday with Donna Hay this week, Sarah chose tuna and chickpea fritters from the April/May 2013 edition of Donna Hay magazine.

These fritters contain chilli flavoured tuna and chickpeas bound together with egg whites, and  they have quite a bit of zing. The yoghurt serving suggestion was very welcome, as it put out some of the heat in the fritters.

This dish was OK - I didn't love it, but these fritters were fine for a change as dinner.  I nearly added some tabasco or chilli sauce on top, but when I tasted how much heat came from the chilli flavoured tuna, I was glad that I didn't.

To see what the others thought of this dish, visit the LYL section of the WWDH website.

5 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

They sound ok but I don't know if I would rush out to buy them! But good if you have to make something from the pantry!

Peggy said...

I have never even heard of chili flavored tuna! I skipped out today but they really do look delicious. I may have to do them for a make up day!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

They look scrumptious, but not sure I'd be a fan of chili flavored tuna :)

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Like Peggy, I have not seen chili flavored tuna. I will have to look more carefully. Now I am curious.

Kayte said...

Yeah, I didn't make these this week...too much of a stretch as to what people would actually enjoy eating here. Yours do look nicely done and it's a pretty plate the way you presented it all. :-)