Wednesday, February 25, 2015

WWDH - Pasta with pumpkin and sage brown butter


For our weekly Wednesday catchup with Donna Hay, Margaret chose pasta with pumpkin and sage brown butter from p18 of Off the Shelf.

This dish was as tasty as it was simple to make. The recipe called for different pasta to mine, but I don't eat heaps of pasta and I had pasta shells in the pantry, so that is what I used. The toasted sage and brown butter were the crowning glory of the dish.  Just remember that you need 30 minutes beforehand to roast the pumpkin first.  I seasoned my pumpkin before roasting and sprayed it with oil to give it some flavour.

I really enjoyed this, and enjoyed it again the next day for lunch with a can of tuna mixed through it before reheating.

To see what the others in our group thought of this dish, visit the LYL section of the Wednesdays with Donna Hay website.  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never included pumpkin with my pasta, but I think maybe I should. Wonderful dish

Johanna GGG said...

looks delicious - love pumpkin, sage and pasta but rarely have them together

Mae Travels said...

Pumpkin pasta sounds good.

I love the way the Italians adopted pumpkin along with other New World produce like tomatoes, corn, potatoes, and capsicum peppers. Potato gnocchi, corn polenta, pumpkin-filled ravioli, tomato sauce... what could Italian food have been like before Columbus! Not to mention chocolate and vanilla.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Marcela said...

WOW! Thanks so much for sharing this amazing recipe with us! Looks delicious! I'll definitely give your recipe a try!

Chaya said...

Tuna is a great idea and I was thinking of a needed additive. I have to try this with tuna to make it more of a one dish meal.

Kayte said...

Looks great (and you can hold the tuna on mine please...lol lol lol)...I like the look of those little shells in there with it, fun to use different pastas, and like you, I often go with what's on hand...and I usually have all kinds of pasta on hand as the guys will eat most everything if I put it in pasta...okay, not Brussels sprouts, but pretty much everything else. Nice photo!

Anonymous said...

*tee hee* I rather like your solution to the pasta! I confess to having done the same thing on occasion!

TeaLady said...

the way I see it, pasta is pasta. I like the idea of adding the tuna. Glad you enjoyed it.