Monday, February 16, 2015

Raspberry and White Chocolate Fudge Brownies


In case you missed it (ha, ha), it was Valentine's Day last Saturday.  To celebrate the occasion, I invited Tim over for dinner.

Dessert is always going to be a big deal for me, because I am a baker first and a cook second, and I wanted to make Tim a white chocolate and raspberry dessert - because those are two of his favourite things.

There are literally hundreds of white chocolate and raspberry recipes to choose from, but I needed something decadent that I could make from ingredients that I had in the house.  Enter this recipe on Food.com for Raspberry and White Chocolate Fudge Brownies.




The "brownies" took around 45 minutes to bake, and they have to cool in the tin because the fruit makes them fragile.  However, the end result was fruity and sweet and decadent.

I served the brownies at dinner with caramel sauce and vanilla icecream:


I was the lucky recipient of these chocolates from Tim (they are pictured sideways because I tried manipulating this photo with two different programs, yet Blogger insists on displaying it this way or distorting it):




Inside the lovely heart shaped tin were 8 chocolate champagne truffles, just for me:

 photo IMG_4286_zpse7b1d9be.jpg


Did you do anything to celebrate Valentine's Day?  If yes, what did you do, and did it all go well?   I'd love to hear your stories.


12 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

Looks like a perfect brownie for valentine's day - there was chocolate in our house - and macarons but otherwise not too much celebrating the day

Mae Travels said...

Raspberries are definitely a good Valentine choice. We had them for dessert on Valentine's Day. Chocolate (in my mind) comes in second as a Valentine flavor, and we had standard brownies for lunch. No strawberries or oysters, though they also rate high on the Valentine flavor list.

~~louise~~ said...

How sweet, Gaye...What a lovely box of Truffles. I imagine you savored each and every morsel.

Chocolate and Raspberry marry so well together, Gaye. I actually like the two so much more than orange and chocolate.

Fruity Brownies sound enticing. I don't think I've ever made brownies with raspberries. They must have been delicious. I'm sure Tim was oh so happy with his dessert:)

Thank you so much for sharing, Gaye...

Cakelaw said...

Thanks for your stories, Mae and Johanna - I enjoyed reading what you did for V Day.

Pam said...

Yum! White chocolate and raspberry go together perfectly, a great combo for the brownies. Your truffles were delicious, I bet!
It was bitter cold so we stayed home and enjoyed a steak dinner with a box of Trinidads, and a box of dark chocolate creams from Fannie Mae on the side. :-)

Kayte said...

Lucky Tim...dinner and dessert all made by you, so I am sure it was wonderful! That dessert looks wonderful and two of my favorites as well. You don't have to share that box of chocolates with me...but it does look lovely. We had a nice time, dinner, and I got flowers and a lovely card and Mark got a box of chocolates and a cute card. It was all very nice.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

What a lovely treat-for both of you really! :D We had a great V Day but it was a low key one.

Kari said...

I love the sound of these brownies! What a great twist on the traditional type and a nice use of the classic raspberry/white chocolate combination. Your chocolates look beautiful too.

Cakelaw said...

That sounds great Pam. I will have to look up what Trinidadsl are.

Cakelaw said...

Lucky you Kayte - Mark sounds like a sweetie.

Cakelaw said...

Low key is good.

Cakelaw said...

Thanks!