Wednesday, October 8, 2014

WWDH - Chicken and Pumpkin Stir-Fry



For Wednesday with Donna Hay this week, Chaya chose Donna's chicken and pumpkin stir fry, from p120 of Off the Shelf.  I had made something very similar years ago from BBC Good Food, but Donna's recipe is online here.

I skipped the basil because I didn't have any.  I thought that this was lovely anyway.  I laughed when Chaya chose this, because I would have chosen the same thing until I saw it was already picked.

This is a quick, relatively easy dinner to make.  I  boiled some rice to go with it, and funnily enough, boiled some beans for the side.  (No, I really didn't find the old post until just now when I was typing this.)  I love pumpkin in just about anything, and I think it really made this stir fry.  I also loved how the chilli gave everything a bit of kick.

To see what Chaya, Sarah and Margaret thought of this dish, visit their websites.

4 comments:

TeaLady said...

I was really leery of this one. Stir fried pumpkin. But quite good. Didn't realize I had forgotten the basil 'til I read your post. DUH!!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love this combo! I really like Thai basil in it but it can be hard to find at times.

~~louise~~ said...

I'm with TeaLady on this one, Gaye. Never in a million years would I think of stir fry pumpkin. I'm quite skeptical but, if you give it the thumbs up and Chaya thought it was good enough to choose, I would be willing to give it a taste at least:)

Thanks so much for sharing, Gaye...

Kayte said...

This looks so pretty and so delicious. And healthy...no reason not to put this one in regular rotation for pumpkin season!