Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Goats cheese mini puffs



As a savoury contrast to the cake at my birthday afternoon tea, I made Dorie Greenspan's goats cheese mini puffs from Around My French Table

What's not to love - choux pastry, goats cheese, cream and cream cheese - yum!

We made these for French Fridays with Dorie ages ago, and I remembered how much I enjoyed them, so they made it to my afternoon tea menu.  This time, I piped in the cheese - the puffs just look neater that way, provided that you can be bothered faffing about with a piping bag.

If these little morsels sound appealing, you can find the recipe here.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

These mini puffs look wonderful!!!
They are perfect to serve at the holidays. I would have to be sure to make enough~~they look so good.
~ Catherine

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Mmm I love choux puffs and gougeres too! I remember the first time I tried gougeres I thought I had died and gone to heaven!

TeaLady said...

I think it was almost the first thing we made from AMFT! I loved these.

Merryn said...

These are so cute and I love goats cheese. This is such a great combination of a fluffy puff with a decadent filling. Very nice :D

~~louise~~ said...

Golden Puffs of Goat Cheese? Now, that is something I could definitely make over and over again!

Thanks for sharing, Gaye...

Kayte said...

Oh, I think these would be one of my favorite things ever, I need to make them again. Goats cheese and dough...enough said, YUM!