Thursday, December 19, 2013

Avocado and banana cake



Sometimes, even though something doesn't look pretty, it tastes really good.  So it was with this Avocado and Banana Bread, the recipe for which I found here.

The inspiration for making this cake is that I had two avocadoes and two bananas that I wanted to use up before I went on vacation.  In the end, I needed one and a half avocadoes, and I omitted the nuts. It is also a cinch to make, as most of the work is done by a food processor.

This bread is really moist and is surprisingly not very dense.  The overwhelming flavour is banana, so if you love banana bread, and wanted to try a paleo version, this recipe is for you.

Verdict - I'd make it again.

6 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

I've seen this recipe jumping around the internet and was wondering if it was really as yummy as others have said. I'm going to take your word for it, Cakelaw and finally bookmark! Heck, I think I'll Pin it!

Thank you so much for sharing, Cakelaw...

Johanna GGG said...

sounds great - I have made both banana cake and avocado cake but never both in a cake - but I can see just how good it sounds - enjoy your holidays

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

A big banana bread lover, especially with a spread of butter although this sounds like it doesn't even need it :D

Kari said...

Brilliant! I have put avocado into so many mousse-like desserts I've been meaning to try it in baked form too. I like that the cake isn't green!

Helena said...

Avocado and Banana Bread what a recipe that is!!!!! I never hear about this. But it looks so delicious. I will also try to make this bread.

2paw said...

I had not seen this recipe, but I just made ice cream with avocado and it was pretty fabulous. I need to make this to. I have two bananas!!