Thursday, December 12, 2013

Amaretti


My friend Craig has a gluten and dairy free diet, so this made his Christmas box a little different to everyone else's.  I made him amaretti from this recipe (which I obtained from my class with Pauline Leonard at Gewurzhaus), subbing gluten free flour for the small amount of plain flour. 

Don't you think they look perfectly Christmassy with their red cherry hats?

Here is Craig's box, all filled with amaretti, assembled and labelled: 


I found the boxes on eBay and they are very sweet.  I think they are a present in themselves.

4 comments:

2paw said...

They do, and they are: very cute!! I made Margaret Fulton's snowball thingies, also dairy and gluten free but I experimented with vegan egg substitute and they are egg free as well, full of nuts, but egg free.I love the little boxes!!!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

What a good friend you are making sure that he doesn't miss out! :D

Kari said...

The biscuits and box are both wonderful!

The Caked Crusader said...

What pretty little biscuits and I love your presentation in the gingerbread house box!