Wednesday, June 5, 2013

WWDH - Bacon and Egg Pies



This week's Wednesday with Donna Hay is my pick.  I went for quick and simple, and chose Bacon and Egg Pies from p158 of Off the Shelf.

These little pies are so easy - just line a mini pie pan with puff pastry, brown some bacon in the oven, put a cheese and mustard mixture in the puff pastry base, put the browned bacon on top, and crack an egg over all of it, and bake for around 20 minutes in the oven.  (Donna uses two eggs and two pieces of bacon per pie, but I wanted something a little less hefty.)

These pies taste delicious, and are achieved with minimal effort.

To see what Kayte, Margaret and Chaya thought of these pies, visit their blogs tomorrow when it will be Wednesday their time.

12 comments:

Jess said...

These sound perfect for a Father's Day brunch! I also love that I could have my kiddos help make them. Pinning right now - we are making these pies very, very soon!

It would be great if you could stop by and link this recipe up at Tasty Tuesdays - the theme is Man Food and I don't know one guy who wouldn't LOVE Bacon & Egg Pies!

http://www.hungryharps.com/2013/06/tasty-tuesdays-13-we-want-your-man-food.html

yummychunklet said...

These look delicious!

Cakelaw said...

Thanks Jess - done!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I make something like this using flattened rolled out bread as a base and as you say, it's great because it's so easy! :D

nna said...

this looks tantalizing. http//www.unn.edu.ng

Anonymous said...

That looks great and easy to make!

Johanna GGG said...

My mum made these all the time in my childhood - I regret to say I could never eat them as I couldn't stand the egg but seeing them still makes me feel a little nostalgic - though she made a huge pie and cut it into slabs

Caroline Taylor said...

What a cute little idea!

Chaya said...

I am all for easy and yummy and this was. You picked a great recipe. Thanks.

Kayte said...

Yours look great! I am so behind in posting, but I promise, promise, promise to get caught up asap. I am hoping this weekend I will have time for this dish as Mark and Matt will be home for breakfast to eat it. Thanks for your patience. Your photos look great.

AG said...

Oh, what a clever idea! :) Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers!

Margaret said...

this was so good and def a repeat. Donna has such good idea. Good idea on your part to cut down the bacon and egg to one. My post is finally up.