Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday with Donna Hay - Tomato and Garlic Stew with Prawns


It's Wednesday with Donna Hay, and our host this week is Kayte, who chose Tomato and Garlic Stew with Prawns.  The recipe is in Off the Shelf, and is also online here

This stew is like a lovely, spicy tomato soup dotted liberally with prawns.  I was pleasantly surprised - this was a really delicious dish.  I added hokkien noodles to my stew so that I had some carbs (instead of eating it with crusty bread as Donna suggests), and served it with some steamed vegetables.  Look at how wonderful and rich this stew is:


I was unsure whether I'd like this dish - in fact, I loved it.  To see what Kayte, Margaret and Chaya thought, visit their websites on Wednesday, their time

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks very delicious and healthy!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Oh I thought that was tomato spaghetti for a second! Interesting using the hokkien noodles! :D

Kayte said...

I like the idea of putting noodles in this when you don't have or want bread, perfect way to make it a whole meal. Happy to hear you liked it, I did, too. Yours looks delightful!