Friday, April 6, 2012

FFwD - Asparagus with Bacon Bits


This week's FFwD dish is Asparagus with Bacon Bits.  It's just what it says on the tin - blanched asparagus with bacon bits.  I liked the blanched asparagus, something I have never done before, as it keeps the asparagus green and fresh.  The bacon and onion gave the dish a lovely flavour zing, and the lemon and oil dressing (I just used olive oil) gave just enough coverage and flavour without overwhelming the other flavours.

To see what the other FFwD cooks thought of this dish, visit the LYL section of the website.

May you have a restful Good Friday and a Happy Easter.

13 comments:

Cindy said...

What a yummy side dish for Easter. Asparagus is very inexpensive right now. Perfect timing.
Bacon improves everything.

wendy (pinkstripes) said...

Happy Easter! That's a lot of bacon!

Betsy said...

Don't you think maybe Dorie should have called this Bacon with bits of asparagus? I did enjoy the combination. Happy Easter.

Cher Rockwell said...

oooo - all that bacon on top looks so tasty :-)
Have a good weekend.

yummychunklet said...

I was surprised how much I liked the lemon in this dish. Yours looks fantastic!

Kris' Kitchen said...

What's not to like, bacon and asparagus. Beautiful dish that's lovely for Easter.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I'm loving the generous amount of bacon you have there! :D Happy Easter!

Elaine said...

I usually roast my asparagus or steam it and fix some hollandaise sauce, but i also like Dorie's blanching and of course, adding the bacon makes it even more delicious. Yours looks great. I hope you have a very Happy Easter, Gaye!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oooh, yours looks wonderful!!! Happy Easter, my friend!!!

Unknown said...

Yummy asparagus, love to see all the bacon on top!
Have a wonderful Easter;-)

Unknown said...

Check out my blog, you have a surprise :)

http://bakinginspain.blogspot.com.es/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

Kayte said...

Looks wonderfully delicious and oh so beautiful! I wish I had seen this prior to Easter so I could have served it with Easter dinner as it just looks perfect for that!! Nice photo.

Daisy@Nevertoosweet said...

Great easy recipe! I saw that asparagus were on sale the other day at Coles yay! Gonna try this recipe :) Thanks for sharing!