Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wednesdays with Donna Hay - Sticky Chicken Parcels

Today's Wednesday with Donna Hay recipe is Sticky Chicken Parcels, selected by Kayte of Grandma's Kitchen Table

Who doesn't like getting a present, and these little parcels certainly are a gift.  They contain chicken breasts marinated in soy sauce, plum sauce and garlic, paired with vegetables (baby corn, leek, capsicum, carrot and ginger), all wrapped in parchment paper.

I didn't have any string to tie the parcels shut, but that didn't matter - I was able to fold them well enough to keep everything in.

These parcels were very tasty and quick to make, and I like the fact that it was a "one bag" meal (although I paired it with potatoes and beans, this is not necessary).

Go visit Kayte for an alternative view on these parcels. 

Next week - Brown buttered beans

8 comments:

Kayte said...

Looks just like mine, I must have done something right! My post will be up after midnight tonight (which will then be Wednesday) as I wrote it and banked it yesterday after I made them. They were so good...I will definitely make these again. Yours looks wonderful. Wow, we have done 3 recipes already! It's fun knowing you are making the same thing half a world away! xo

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of sticky chicken!

Anonymous said...

Those sound so good! I've never baked a parcel before, but would like to try it.

Ivy said...

This is a perfect diet food which I make very often "en papillote" with a few different ingredients. I love that mini corn which unforunately we don't get in Greece.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Hehe very true! This is like a little present for the lucky eater :D And I've always folded them shut too :)

The Blonde Duck said...

Happy Thursday!

Lauren Hairston said...

Like Lorraine, I always just fold my parchment packages, too. My mom used to make a chicken breast one that had barbeque sauce in it. I think I've only made salmon en papillote, but I think I would really like the combination of soy sauce, plum sauce and garlic. Sounds good.

Daisy@Nevertoosweet said...

Yum! I've seen this recipe before and have been nagging my bf to try but he's too lazy lol i love everything wrapped up like parcels, dumplings, spring rolls :)