Remember the coconut ice that I posted about earlier this week? Well, in keeping with my pink lolly theme, I also made Racquel some musk sticks.
Musk sticks are little sticks of sugar flavoured with edible musk oil and coloured pink, although there are certain "fruit sticks" out there (with no fruit actually included). Some bloggers who have not grown up with musk sticks and their cousin, musk lifesavers, think musk sticks smell and taste like grandma's handbag. However, I have grown up with them and I love them.
Since Frankie published a recipe for musk sticks in its Sweet Treats last year, they have been popping up all over the blogosphere. If you are tempted to make your own musk sticks, you can find the recipe here. This recipe makes musk sticks that are crisper than the chewy commercial version, but provided that you use musk flavouring, they taste the same.
The musk sticks are displayed in my Queen Elizabeth II 80th birthday mug that I purchased at Windsor Castle the last time I was in England - it's been a while!
I have also been honoured by being awarded the "Stylish Blogger" award by Elaine of California Living, Steph of Jumping Off the Cliff, Michelle of Flourchild and Natasha of Mmmm Home Cooking. Thanks guys! The rules of the award (after thanking the person who bestowed it on you) are:
Share 7 facts about yourself:
- I cannot stand the cold - I would rather it be 40 degrees Celsius than 8 degrees Celsius.
- I love Pascall marshmallows, and can unfortunately eat them by the bag. No poor imitations will do.
- I still have not unpacked all the boxes from when I moved 8 months ago - the task seems beyond me.
- I am a bit of a hoarder, and save all kinds of things for a "rainy day" - the trouble is, how do you store it all?
- I am a huge fan of The Beatles, despite the fact that they split up before I was even born. They currently provide the soundtrack to my life.
- I adore 1930's and 1960's fashion - they are poles apart from each other, but both embody gorgeous colours, shapes and patterns.
- My favourite TV show of the moment (aside from cooking shows, of course!) is Mad Men. The cool elegance of the sets and clothes, combined with the complex plots and seriously flawed characters leaves me wanting more after every episode.
Pass this award onto 15 bloggers that you think deserve this award and let them know about it.
Here is a list of some of the stylish blogs that I visit, in no particular order:
- Grandma's Kitchen Table
- Jill's Blog
- Gourmet Green Giraffe
- Hold the Beef
- Of Muses and Meringues
- Nutmeg Nanny
- Barbara Bakes
- Lethally Delicious
- Mary Mary Culinary
- Effort to Deliciousness
- Visions of a Sugar Plum
- Darjeeling Dreams
- The Caked Crusader
- Yummy Chunklet
- Canela Kitchen
Hope you enjoy checking out these blogs!