Tuesday, December 22, 2009

TWD - My (well, Dorie's) Favourite Pecan Pie



This week's Tuesday with Dorie is Dorie's My Favourite Pecan Pie, and was chosen by our host, Brina of Someone's in the Kitchen.


What can I say - this pie was delicious!



I used Dorie's sweet pastry recipe for the tart shell rather than the good for everything pie dough recommended, as I didn't have any shortening, and the one time I made this dough, it didn't end well. One problem that I had with this pie was that I should have used my deep pie dish, as even though the diameter of this pie dish was correct, the pie filling bubbled everywhere. The other small issue was that I was supposed to turn down the oven after so many minutes, but I forgot - oops! Luckily, the only consequence is that the filling is a bit darker than it should be.



I have never had chocolate in a pecan pie before, but it was good. In fact, this pie was good all round.



To see what everyone else thought of this pie, visit the TWD blogroll. For the recipe, visit Brina's site.

14 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks for baking with me this week! Happy Holidays :-)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

That looks studded full of pecans! Great job you did! I don't htink darker filling is so bad with the pecan pies, it would just taste more caramelised no? :D

Hindy said...

This looks delicious! I love that it's got the darker colour. More heat looks like the way to go. I'm baking mine soon.

Pamela said...

I have been so busy with holiday baking and finishing up everything holiday related that I didn't get to this one this week. Maybe soon, though. It looks so yummy.

alvarosa said...

That doesn't look too dark at all, just fine!

And thanks for the many inspirations for Christmas treats! Still don't know what to do for Christmas dinner (dessert will be my duty this year).
I got an advent calnder with dried fruits and nuts and wanted to use them, as I thought it's a nice idea to share the left-overs. Your christmas muffins just look perfect for this, so thanks's for sharing! (and now I only got to decide what else to make aside; maybe some iceream? or a spicy mousse? so many alternatives, so little time left to decide!)

Jennifer said...

WOW! Your pie is real a show stopper! It's gorgeous!!!!

Valerie Gamine said...

That was brilliant to use the sweet tart dough for your crust! I bet that brought out a whole new flavour dimension. :)

Ivy said...

Oh, this looks scrumptious and I am sure this tastes wondrful.

Flourchild said...

This pie was the bomb! I L-O-V-E it! Your pie looks great!!

Bella Baker said...

Your pie looks great! I love that you made it in a tart pan! So pretty!!! I enjoyed this recipe as well!

Anonymous said...

It looks delicious! I love Dorie's sweet tart crust!

margot said...

I love Dorie's tart dough, the cookie texture must have been wonderful with the crunchy pecans and sweet filling. It looks great and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Leslie said...

Wow, this looks perfect! I wish I'd thought of using a sweet tart dough...that would have been delicious with this pie!

Anonymous said...

that pie looks delicious! nothing beats a great pecan pie!