Tuesday, December 29, 2009

TWD - Low and Luscious Chocolate Cheesecake


I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas, and are not over sweets yet! That's because this week's
Tuesday with Dorie features Dorie's Low and Luscious Chocolate Cheesecake, chosen by our host, the Tea Lady of Tea and Scones.

I think that "low and luscious", although alliterative, is a misnomer, because with three blocks of cream cheese, it was rather a high cheesecake. No matter - with a cheesecake that looks as good as this, who is going to quibble over something as trivial as a name?

I made this for the birthday morning tea of Caroline in Finance. I have to say that I found the fundamentally tangy cheesecake flavour a little odd with the chocolate, but perhaps it is something that would grow on me. I only tasted a tiny sliver, so if I had eaten a whole slice, the flavours may have melded better for me.


It was an easy cheesecake to make - no dramas at any stage, with a simple baked graham cracker crust, and the final product did not crack on top.

To see what the other TWD members thought, check out the TWD blogroll. For the recipe, see the Tea Lady's site when it is Tuesday her time.

21 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

Looks really yummy and creamy!

Amanda said...

I agree, easy to make, so silky! Mine is chilling in the fridge, so I haven't tasted it yet. Looks great though!

Anonymous said...

It looks lovely! I skipped this week because there is so much going on with the holidays.

It's so nice that you brought this for a coworker's birthday. Everywhere I've worked, you need to bring your own birthday treat!

Pamela said...

Extremely easy to make and I was really happy that there weren't any cracks in the cake. But I agree on the flavor. Just a little different, but still very tasty.

Leslie said...

Wow, yours looks fantastic! I was also relieved how easy this one was...no drama is a good thing!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Look at that perfectly smooth top! I love an easy cheesecake-I am always a little anguished when I see a little crack start to appear!

Anonymous said...

This cheesecake is indeed very luscious. I am yet to try Dorie Greenspan cheesecake recipe. Looking at yours makes me want to try it soon :)

Ivy said...

Cheesecake looks scrumptious. Hope you have a Happy New Year.

Paula said...

I agree about the name. Oh well--your cheesecake turned out perfect.

The Caked Crusader said...

over sweets???? Never!!!
Your cheesecake looks great. I've never baked a chocolate cheesecake and am interested in your comments about the tanginess

Jennifer said...

Ohhhh, this looks SO decadent and luscious!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

(I am NOT over sweets yet!:)

Susan said...

This was one of the easier cheesecakes I have made. I made mine with a chocolate crust and the cinnamon/espresso Dorie suggests and it was good.

Anonymous said...

Your cheesecake looks great. I found the taste a little odd too. It was tasty, but I think I prefer traditional cheesecakes. Happy New Year!

Hindy said...

I was also confused by the name. Then I tasted it and all cares diasppeared.
Your office must worship you. I hope they alternate bringing you coffee the rest of the week.

Soy*Baby said...

It looks wonderful. I had some cracking on top of mine. It really was simple to make.

Hindy said...

With more chocolate the flavours were better balanced.
Happy New Year to You!

Brenda said...

It looks lovely! I'd imagine chocolate cheesecake would be wonderful tasting! Yum....you've got me hungry for it and I'm not even a cheesecake fan hahahah!

Gloria Baker said...

Absolutely nice Cheescake, have a wonderful New Year, huggs gloria

Unknown said...

Wow, this looks so awesome. I am practically drooling here. Its an awesome looking cake for the holidays. And speaking of that, Happy New Years daaaaaaaahling.
*kisses* HH

TeaLady said...

It was easy to be so good. Yours looks perfect.

Thanks for baking with me this week.

Hannah said...

That certainly is one glossy and enticing-looking cheesecake! I'm interested that you mention the tanginess and chocolatiness not melding altogether easily in the taste, and while I'm a sucker for cheesecake, I always opt for a plain or fruit version instead of the chocolate ones for preceisly that reason!

However, I recently enjoyed a mocha yogurt, so might be coming around to the chocolate cheesecake idea...