Tuesday, October 28, 2008

TWD - Trick or Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes



This week's Tuesday with Dorie is hosted by Clara of I Heart Food4Thought, who has chosen Dorie's chocolate-chocolate cupcakes and encouraged us to dress them up for Halloween.


Here are the cupcakes pre-decorating:


I really liked these, because they were chocolatey without being OTT, rich, "I contain a family block of chocolate" flavour. There was only 150g of chocolate in the whole batch, including the frosting. I made my cupcakes as patty cakes (half way between a muffin and a mini muffin) so that I had enough to go around the troops.


Halloween is not an event that is traditionally celebrated in Oz, although I am informed that children now do go trick or treating. However, I wanted to join in the fun, so I coloured some ready rolled fondant orange using gel colours, and cut out Halloween shapes using the mint-condition cutters that I bought with grand (but unrealised) intentions last year. The features were drawn on using a food colouring pen.




Thanks to Clara for hosting TWD this week . You will find the recipe at her site. To see other interpretations of these cupcakes, please visit the TWD blogroll.

13 comments:

CB said...

I love all the Halloween inspired decor! I can't tell you which one is my favorite. The ghost.... no... the skull... no... the pumpkin. HAHA. Thanks for baking with me this week!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Anna said...

So beautifully decorated! I really want a decorating pen, heh. I know it's only Halloween... but maybe for Christmas...!?

Anonymous said...

I love them!!

Tami said...

Your cupcakes look great! Nice job on them. :)

Ivy said...

They look so lovely and cute!!

chocolatechic said...

I love how you decorated them.

Great job.

Nikki57 said...

Ohhh they're so cute! I love how detailed they all are

The Blonde Duck said...

I love how you decorated them! Too cute!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Love your decorations! Keep it up, pretty soon you'll have all your friends and neighbors celebrating Halloween too!

Rosie said...

Amazing decorations!!!

Rosie x

Cakelaw said...

Hi Clara, this was a fun challenge - thanks for hosting.

Hi Indigo, I hope Santa is listening!! You would do amazing things with a decorating pen, I am sure.

Thanks Maryann :)

Thanks Tami - appreciate you dropping by.

Thanks Ivy - time consuming but fun.

Thanks Chocolatechic - it's fun being a little creative for once.

Thanks Nikki - testing those long forgotten drawing skills! 9So I cheated and mostly did skulls with no drawing!!)

Thanks Blonde Duck :)

Hi Barbara, I think the season is catching on here, very gradually.

Thanks Rosie ;)

Anonymous said...

Look at the fondant! That is some talent you have right there! Brilliant!

Cakelaw said...

Thanks Teanna :)