Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Blog Party #38 - 3rd Birthday Bash - Apricot & pistachio tartlets and peach bellini


Stephanie's Blog Party over at Dispensing Happiness turns 3 this month. September is also the month in which Stephanie celebrates her birthday (as do I!), so Stephanie has asked us to bring fun and fabulous finger food and beverages to her Birthday Bash.

I have decided to bring apricot and pistachio tartlets - puff pastry tart shells, filled with an apricot half, brushed with maple syrup and cinnamon, and sprinkled with chopped pistachios. These are my mini versions of the apricot and pistachio tart recipe from Australian Good Taste that can be found here.

I am a huge fan of bubbly, so I am bringing along peach bellinis to Steph's bash - a cinch to make, they contain 15ml of peach juice, topped up with sparkling wine or champagne. Delicious and very smooth!

Happy birthday to Stephanie and Blog Party!!!

5 comments:

Finla said...

You know how to have a nice party :-)

Ivy said...

Wow, what a party. They sound delicious.

Tammy said...

HI Cakelaw

I have awarded you a prize for inspiring me to start blogging!

http://weetreatsbytammy.blogspot.com/2008/09/happy-blog-day-to-me-and-cupcake-hero.html

Tammy

Cakelaw said...

Thanks Happy Cook - you can come any day.

Thanks Ivy - the troops liked these, but not as much as the salmon tartlets.

Thanks Tammy!!

Rosie said...

Awesome - yes you certainly know how to throw a brilliant party!!

Rosie x