Sunday, April 13, 2008

Words cannot describe ... A Six Word Memoir


Above is a photograph of me and some of my work colleagues (former and current) at a social function involving a cruise down the Yarra River last year. I am the girl in black at the back of the photo chewing a friend's ear off, demonstrating one of my "qualities" - forthright. The dress code for the cruise was 1980's (and no, I don't normally dress like this). It was the best work function that I have ever attended, and I had a ball.

This brings me to the point of this post. The delightful Rosie at Rosie Bakes a Peace of Cake has tagged me for a Six Word Memoir. The rules are as follows:

1. Write your own six-word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3. Link to the person who tagged you in your post.
4. Tag five more blogs with links.
5. Remember to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.

So, without further ado, here are six words that I think describe me:

Determined
Passionate
Enthusiastic
Practical
Forthright
Idealistic

Now, I am going to tag some of you to do this memoir, but realising that many people have already done it or just don't like memes, please don't feel obliged (but have fun if you do!):

Tammy from Wee Treats by Tammy
Saralynn from Happy Baker
Joy from Joy of Desserts
Adele from Tales of the Basil Queen
Mary from Shazam in the Kitchen

Hope you all had a great weekend folks!

15 comments:

Rosie said...

Hi Cakelaw, what a great six word Memoir. By your description your qualities do shine through in your wonderful Blog :)

Thank you so much for taking part :)

Rosie x

Cakelaw said...

Thanks Rosie - honoured to take part.

SaraLynn said...

Hey there!
My memoir is up!
Thanks for thinking of me!

BTW-Love your picture! It looks like a fun time!

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Thank you for the tag, Cakelaw. I'll do it! Some people don't like tags, memes and even awards, but that's only because they don't know what great benefit it is to them, but I thank you for the blog love. I just found last night the originator of this tag! :-)

Tammy said...

thanks for tagging me Cakelaw. I need to put a bit of thought into this! :0)

Cakelaw said...

Hi Saralynn, I have checked it out and I love all your pics - especially those of you and your hubby. Thanks for participating!

Hi Joy and Tammy, I look forward to seeing your memoirs.

adele said...

Memoir, in six words. Easier said than done. I'll have to think about this one...

Cakespy said...

Oh my I was "tagged" for one of these two, it's harder than it looks! I like yours--forthright is such a fantastic word (as well as thing to be!).

Cakelaw said...

Hi Adele - good luck!!!!

Hi Cakespy, I agree - you think it will be a snap, but when you have to do it, you really have to think.

Anonymous said...

OH I loooove the 1980's! I especially love the music from my beloved OMD, A-ha, Pet Shop Boys and Duran Duran! I really would have loved your function too!
I was expecting you to have Chocoholic as one of your six words, but I like your chosen ones here better!

Finla said...

Wonderful six words .

Sugarcraft India said...

I so much agree with dear Rosie that your qualities do shine through your wonderful blog... Its great knowing you:))

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

hi cake law
quite powerful words 'Determined
Passionate, Enthusiastic, Practical
Forthright, Idealistic.
Loved your insight.

Laurie Constantino said...

I'd add Generous and Compassionate. Your blog is filled with instances where you are baking or cooking or thinking of others. Your's is a wonderful character profile.

Cakelaw said...

Hi T&D, some great 80's music out there! Being an Aussie, it was an age of John Farnham and Crowded House.

Thanks Happy Cook!

Thanks Sugarcraft - I enjoy knowing you too with your beautiful sugarcraft creations. i am just learning basic sugarcraft, and it is even harder than it looks!

Thanks Anamika.

Aww shucks - thanks Laurie.