Monday, April 28, 2008

Queen of Puddings - The Great British Pudding Challenge


It's British Pudding Challenge time again, and for April, Rosie has selected a dish fit for a queen - Queen of Puddings, that is! For those who have never been lucky enough to try it before, the Queen of Puddings is a bread custard topped with raspberry jam and crowned by fluffy meringue, all served warm. You can find the recipe for this delightful pudding here.

I have to say that this has been my favourite pudding challenge so far. The Queen of Puddings is light, sweet and altogether moorish. Yum!

Thanks to Rosie once again for hosting this challenge.

9 comments:

Rosie said...

Your pudding really does look fit for a Queen Cakelaw!! Beautiful entry and many thanks for taking part this month. I will get this post linked up on my blog now :D

Rosie x

Astra Libris said...

Raspberry jam and meringue?!! With pudding?!! YUM!! Your pudding looks and sounds sooooo scrumptious!

Jules said...

Your pud looks great. I have to agree that Queen of Puddings has to be the best pud so far in the challenge.

Mary said...

Your pudding looks marvelous and I'm really curious now about British puddings.

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Seeing all of these delicious British puddings is making me want to go to England! Since that's not gonna happen; I'd better get cooking some pudding instead.

Ivy said...

Your pudding looks so yummy. I've never made pudding before but now I really want to try this.

Silvia - Magnolia Wedding Planner said...

I simply adore queen of pudding and i do it often because it reminds me my happiest year ever i spent in london..how many memories!! It's the best consotation food ever!
Good job it looks delicious :-P
Silvia

Pixie said...

Hoping to get my pudding done at some point today am glad to hear it was your favourite challenge thus far!

Cakelaw said...

Thanks for hosting this event Rosie, and for picking such a winner!

Hi Astrid, this pudding is just melt in the mouth delish.

Amen Jules!

Hi Mary, the Brits are great at puddings, for the colder months especially.

Hi Susan, I am sure that you'll get to England one day. In the meantime, the pud is a great way to become acclimatised.

Thanks Ivy - do try this - it's great!

Glad to bring back some good memories for you Sylvia.

Hi Pixie, Rosie did especially well with this choice.