Friday, April 4, 2008

Orange and ginger muffins


A little while ago, Susan at
Foodblogga made Honeyed Orange Ginger Muffins. I thought that these looked and sounded devine, so I filed the recipe away to make for myself.

I finally got around to making these muffins this week, and boy are they good! I used sultanas instead of raisins and forgot the honey (because my head is sometimes not screwed on straight when I am baking), but they tasted really good, all the same. If you love citrus and ginger flavours, and don't object to raisins in your baked goods (some people have an aversion to this!), then give these muffins a go - they are delicious.

(PS - Don't you love my lady on a reindeer in the first photo? She is so cute that I thought she deserved her moment in the sun.)



12 comments:

Susan @ SGCC said...

I thought those muffins looked good too. So do yours! Someday, I'll get around to making some.

giz said...

I love your fairy - so sweet and the muffin looks really good.

Cakelaw said...

Hi Susan, you will probably at least remember to add the honey!

Thanks Giz - from me and the fairy.

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Congratulations! You’ve earned an award for your excellent blog.
:-)

Cakespy said...

I probably would have left out the honey too! A little goes a long way for me. They look fantastic and the lady on the reindeer is adorable too! I love little "things" like that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cakelaw! Yes, I do love your lady on a reindeer and those muffins sound delicious :)

Deeba PAB said...

The muffins sound great...had bookmarked them too. YUM!!

SaraLynn said...

These look very tasty! I may have to give them a try. My hubby would enjoy the ginger!

Ivy said...

Your fairy is so cute and the muffins look great.

Cakelaw said...

Thanks Joy!

Hi Cakespy, I'm glad that you find my absent minded omission was an improvement in this case.

Thanks Maryann.


Hi Deeba, I recommend them - they are good.

Hi Saralynn, A man after my own heart. The bloke I mentioned these to said he doesn't like ginger!

Thanks Ivy.

Rosie said...

Oh these muffins sound and look great Cakelaw. Just look at that perfect texture on the one split open - yum!

Rosie x

Cakelaw said...

Thanks Rosie. I loved the citrus and ginger together.