Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Great British Pudding Challenge - Toffee Apple Pudding



The wonderful Rosie at Rosie Bakes a Peace of Cake has created a monthly event called The Great British Pudding Challenge. This event is designed to prevent the extinction of that great British institution, the pudding. Being a huge fan of puddings myself, even though I am not British and it is currently summer in Australia, I have decided to rally for the cause and participate. This month's pudding recipe is for Toffee Apple Pudding.

Toffee Apple Pudding aims to recreate in pudding form the taste of those fairground treats, toffee apples, by combining apples and golden syrup. The cubed apples are fried lightly in golden syrup and butter, and are the crowning glory of the golden syrup flavoured sponge beneath.

I served this pudding with warm custard. It is delicious, and would certainly hit the spot on a cold winter's night.

Thanks to Rosie for this month's challenge - I really enjoyed it.

8 comments:

Peter M said...

The pudding is alive and well over here. I always order it if i see it offered as dessert.

Anonymous said...

i love, love, love cake! this one looks worth my time!

Finla said...

Yumm it looks so delicious.

Anonymous said...

I better not show this to the bloke. He loves this kind of stuff :)

Rosie said...

Hi Cakelaw, I am SO thrilled and delighted you have taken this months Pudding Challenge - thank you! :D I will get you linked in to the post on my blog asap!

Your pudding looks 110% perfect
and delicious!! :D

Rosie x

Chibog in Chief said...

would love to have a serving of this pudding!!! yummy

Pixie said...

Looks fabulous- mmm I have good memories of eating this cake- i'm looking forward to the next pudding and hope to go back to all her previous puddings in the future!

Cakelaw said...

Hi Peter, Good to hear that Canada is flying the flag for the pudding. My favourite is sticky date.

Thanks Flanboyant - do let Rosie know if you try it.

Thank you Happy Cook - I'd gladly send you some if I could.

Hi Maryann, The bloke has good taste!!

LOL, thanks Rosie! I look forward to next month's challenge.

Hi Dhanggit, The number of times I wish we could just wish iother people's food out of the computer - there is so much great food out there!

Hi Pille, thanks for dropping by. Will do when I get a chance.

Hi Pixie, It was a nice pudding recipe. With The Great British Pudding Challenge, I can feed my love of pudding!