Thursday, September 27, 2007

Blueberry coffee cake



Berries are not yet in season in Australia, but with summer fast approaching, they soon will be here in abundance. I love blueberries, raspberries and strawberries, and have a particular weakness for raspberries with icecream, custard, meringue - or au naturel :). We have been getting some Queensland strawberries in Victoria at reasonable prices for a while, but I am looking forward to when the season is in full swing so that I can stock up to my heart's content.


Having tasted summer in Queensland over my holidays and been deprived of baking for 2 weeks while I was away, my longing for both summer and baking was ignited when I found
this recipe for blueberry coffee cake on Clotilde's wonderful blog, Chocolate and Zucchini. I also figured that because this cake contains fruit, it is nutritionally valuable ;).
Because fresh blueberries are still very expensive (about $8 for a 150g punnet), I used frozen blueberries. No matter - this cake looks and smells delicious. I haven't tasted it yet because it is going in to work tomorrow, but I did taste the batter - and it was heavenly! The vanilla-scented yoghurty goodness of this cake was evident in the raw batter, and I can't wait to try it tomorrow.


Postscript: This cake was scrumptious - it is very light, making it perfect for any time of day, and the abundance of blueberries made it especially delightful. Make this cake!!

2 comments:

Chef Jeena said...

Lovely cake you did a great job it looks wonderful yummy! I would love to swap links, I already added yours to my blog. :)

Cakelaw said...

Thanks Jeena. I will add you to my list of links - loved your tea cake recipe, and I am a fan of curries, so I can't wait to try out some of your ideas!