Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Lemon delicious

It is a rather chilly evening in Melbourne tonight - perfect for the comforting inner glow of a warm pudding! Flicking through my cookbooks, my eye was caught by the description of "Lovely Lemon Curdy Pud" on page 284 of Jamie Oliver's Happy Days with the Naked Chef. This is actually what many of us know as Lemon Delicious. Growing up, this was one of my favourite puddings (in fact, almost any pudding was my favourite pudding ;)). Jamie describes this pudding as "sort of lemon curdy custard at the bottom and a spongy meringuey top". I found this description too hard to resist!

The results of my efforts are as follows:




I let the pudding go a little browner than I should have, but it made no difference - it was indeed delicious!

This was my kind of pudding - very quick to make, warm, light, fluffy and lemony - in fact, a little ray of sunshine to penetrate even the darkest, coldest Melbourne night. If you are a fan of old-fashioned warm puddings, give this a go - you won't regret it!

No comments: